Al-Shifa Journal of Ophthalmology (ASJO)
|Aims and Scope||
Information for Authors
Authors are required to enclose the following statement, properly signed, with the manuscript at the time of submission.
“In consideration of the Al-Shifa Journal of Ophthalmology’s taking action in reviewing and editing my(our) submission, the author(s) undersigned hereby transfer(s), assign(s), or otherwise convey(s) all copyright ownership to the Al-Shifa Journal of Ophthalmology in the event that such work is published by the Al-Shifa Journal of Ophthalmology”.
Type DOUBLE-SPACE ON 81/2 x 11- inch white sheets, leaving ONE INCH margin on ALL SIDES. Arrange contents as follows:
1. TITLE PAGE should be numbered as page 1, and should have on it only (a) the title, (b) name(s) of the author(s), (c) the institution(s), (d) address for reprints and inquiries, and (e) the name(s) of sponsoring organization(s)-NOTHING ELSE.
2. ABSTRACT should be the only material on page 2. It should be no more than 250 words. Give here the author’s OWN exact data, amount, percentages, etc, as presented in the paper and the conclusions drawn there from. Use “active voice” in writing.
3. TEXT of the article should be divided in sections of: (A) INTRODUCTION, (B) PARTICIPANTS AND METHODOLOGY (or CASE REPORT(S) and (C) DISCUSSION. Write the whole paper in “active voice” and avoid “passive voice”.
4. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Keep these to an absolute minimum, and be specific, e.g., “Thanks are due to Mr… for Fig.2”
5. REFERENCES should be consecutively cited in the body of the paper, and listed at the end in the same order. Each listed reference must give full title of the paper or book and the names of ALL the authors and don’t use ‘et al’ etc. Adhere to the following style in typing them.
Afghani T: Preschool Vision Screening – An Analysis of Screening of
16,592 Preschoolers” Pak J Ophthalmol, 1998, 14(2), 62-68.
Afghani T, Vine HA, Bhatti MA, Qadir MS, Awan MJ, Tehzib M: Al-Shifa-Al-Noor
(ASAN) Refractive Error Study of One Million School Children” Pak J
19(4), 30-39, 2003.
(Reconfirm the spelling of names, vol. no, pages, year, title, etc).
i. Newell FW: Ophthalmology: Principles and Concepts. 6th ed., St, Louis. C.V. Mosby Company, 1986, p.73.
ii. Duke-Elder S, and Leigh AG: Diseases of the Outer Eye. Cornea and Sclera. In Duke-Elder S (ed): System of Ophthalmology, vol.8, part 2. St. Louis C.V. Mosby Company, 1965, pp. 110-114. (Recheck publisher, city, etc.)
6. FIGURES should be numbered in order of appearance in the text. Each figure should have pasted on its back a label with (1) figure’s number, (2) the last names of authors, and (3) an arrow indicating the top of the figures. Noting else should be written or pasted on back of a figure or a photograph. Legends for the figures should be typed DOUBLE-SPACED on a SEPARATE SHEET, and should include description of features shown, name of author, names of structures, kind of stain, magnification, etc. Example.
1 (Haq, Afghani, and Qadir). Right eye. Histologic section of tumor, spindle-B
type malignant epithelioid cells at the right upper corner, (Hematoxyline and
7. TABLES: Should be typed DOUBLE-SPACED, with NOTHING underlined TRIPLE-CHECK all numbers and percentages.
Previously published material and figures should include permission to reproduce from original publication and original author. Photographs with faces should be accompanied by permission to publish from the subject of the photographs or by a parent in case of minor. Photographs should be color-printed.
THE JOURNAL only accepts manuscripts in ENGLISH.
Type EVERYTHING double-spaced, and underline nothing. An abbreviated title of four or less words, the last names of the authors and the page number should be provided in the upper right hand corner of all pages. DON’T use abbreviations. DOUBLE-CHECK the number and percentages in tables. Incomplete manuscripts will not be acknowledged, and those received without duplicate will be returned to the authors. Papers will be accepted on the understanding that they are not simultaneously being submitted to any other journal or publication, and that these have not been previously published. All papers will be subject to reviews by expert referees and, if necessary to revisions. THE JOURNAL will also consider for publication, letters, short notes on useful diagnostic and therapeutic tips, announcements, and interesting photographic documentation. However, it would be preferable to send your manuscripts in a floppy disc or CD(windows 98). You may also send the manuscript as attached file of Microsoft word document via email at one of the following addresses: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org. Send floppy disc, CD OR hard copies of TWO or more sets of completed manuscripts and figures to the following.
|Dr. Tayyab Afghani, Editor, Al-Shifa Journal of Ophthalmology, Al-Shifa Trust Eye Hospital Jehlum Road, Rawalpindi, Pakistan|