LET'S FIGHT TOGETHER AGAINST BLINDNESS! WITH AL-SHIFA Trust
Testing the eye sight and
determining weakness in vision is an easy task.
By following the instructions given
below, one can easily test his sight at home without the need of an eye doctor.
|Test your Eyes
- Place the facing chart (called 'E Chart'
at a distance of 3 meters/9.6 feet)
- Cover your left eye with one hand and
try to determine which direction the character 'E' is facing, use your
- When finished with right eye, repeat the
exercise with left eye.
- This can also be exercised to determine
wether the glasses someone is currently using are still good for him.
- Smaller the symbols you can determine,
better is your eye sight. The figures below each line of symbols tell
how good or weak the eyesight is.
- Normal eyesight falls between 6/6 and
6/18. Higher numbers represent weaker eyesight.
- 6/6 - 6/9 is normal vision; no glasses
- 6/12 - 6/18 will need glasses for
driving and at school.
- For 6/24 - 6/60, patient must use
- When eyesight is found weak, try
checking vision through a pinhole. Pinhole phenomenon can be developed
pinning a small pin-sized hole in a hard paper and covering eye with
that paper, positioning the pinhole so the subject can see through
that small hole.
- If vision improves with pinhole, you can
get glasses from a optician. Otherwise, you must see an
- This is good for checking only distant